In 1956, George W. Drummond acquired a front end loader when an acquaintance defaulted on a loan that he co-signed. The acquisition of this first piece of heavy equipment marked the beginning of George W. Drummond Limited.
Today, the company remains family owned and operated and is currently managed by George’s son, Scott Drummond.
The Drummond family has a long history in the Ottawa area. This includes Drummond’s Gas, which has been in operation since 1919.
The main focus of George W. Drummond Limited is site development, specializing in excavation, backfilling, site services, and road and parking lot construction.
We are also a Ministry of the Environment approved waste management contractor for the removal and disposal of contaminated soil. We also offer heavy equipment rentals as well as aggregates.